How to Teach Pronunciation: Getting Started
I recently asked my ESL community, “If I could wave a magic wand and fix your biggest problem teaching Pronunciation what would it be?” From California to Saudi Arabia the most common request was for instruction on how to start teaching Pronunciation. The YouTube recording of my first Pronunciation webinar click here: How to Teach Pronunciation: Getting Started
Aired December 12, 2015 12:00 EST (Toronto Time)
Krystyna Key, Business English Trainer (Stuttgart, Germany) –“I have just listen to your webinar which I found extremely interesting and helpful. I am a great believer in using visual aids in teaching. This was one of the best webinars I have watched.”
Karen Lee, Adult ESL (Mississauga, Canada) – “Had tears … from student They were tears of empowerment, joy, relaxation, confidence, and yes, transformation.Thanks for all you do for us, for your mentoring and for trying new things for us.”
Anna Knepka (Poland) – “Your first ever WEBINAR was simply wonderful! THANK YOU. Could you please send me the copies for the handouts: History of English/ Vennglish /Old Friends.
This webinar was a learning curve for me too so thank you for your patience! Technology and marketing need work but the content was top notch. You’ll find tools you need to start teaching Pronunciation simply and quickly in time for your next class.
To get free gifts and learn about other cool stuff Sign up over there in the yellow box in the right sidebar .
Other topic requests that will be addressed in the New Year are:
- The Golden Key to Pronunciation: Vowel Sounds
- Pronunciation for Literacy levels
- Listening Skills and how good listening fosters confident speaking
- Accuracy of individual sounds – particularly short vowels
- Testing and authentic assessment of Speaking ability
- Engagement – How to make Speaking class FUN
- Teach Reading with the Golden Key
- Fossilization – intelligibility vs. accent reduction
- Intonation and voice quality tools
- Motivation to learn to speak English
- Motivation to speak English outside of class
- Non-Verbal Communication including Cultural Differences and Similarities
- Focus on Chinese and Vietnamese speaker issues
- Fluency skills for Advanced learners
Keep sending in requests. We’ll get to all of them. Many of the topics, for example Individual Sounds, will be addressed in many presentations throughout the webinar series.
I can’t wait to meet you!!! See you soon!
Together we are changing the way the world learns English